A Christ-Centered Easter: Day-by-Day Activities to Celebrate Easter Week (Paperback)(edit)
✔ IN STOCK: Ships in 2 to 3 business days
Domestic and International Shipping Options
"For years I felt that our family's Easter celebration was as hollow as the chocolate bunnies we devoured on Easter morning. All my life I had been told that the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ are the most sacred and significant events in all creation. If that is true, I reasoned, then shouldn't Easter, the commemoration of those events, be the highlight of our year?"
Spurred on by that question, authors Janet and Joe Hales became determined to make Easter the highlight of the year for their family. Their ideas, suggestions, and discoveries are included in this book, A Christ-Centered Easter: Day-by-Day Activities to Celebrate Easter Week.
Here, you will find:
- A practical resource with an outline of family activities for the entire week, from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday.
- An easy-to-read parallel scripture account of the last week of Christ's life.
- Historical information about the Passover and an explanation on how to hold an authentic "Jerusalem Dinner" with your family (recipes included!).
- Numerous ideas for age-appropriate family activities that will appeal to kids of all ages, from preschoolers to teenagers.
- A section of stories to read together and sacred hymns to sing.
This year, make Jesus Christ and his resurrection the focus of Easter, and turn your celebration from a holiday to a holy day.
- Pages: 85
- Published: 2002
About the Author
Wonderful for young and old
by Kristin - reviewed on April 09, 2009
I am so thrilled with how well my small children have been able to appreciate the Easter Holiday using this book. My children are 2,3,4, and 16 and the small one's have been able to understand the events while my older one has really learned some things she didn't quite understand. My family has truely enjoyed having this guide.
Great ideas for Easter
by Rachael - reviewed on April 07, 2009
The book includes themes for each day of the week prior to Easter. Scriptures, stories and special activities with every day to make it engaging and memorable for kids. The activities are categorized according to age level from preschool on up. My family (kids ages 6,4,2,0) has really enjoyed using this as a resource to making Easter week special. You can make it as elaborate or a simple as you'd like. Highly recommend as a resource for Easter activites.
Join Platinum Rewards Club
Earn points on every purchase, plus get other great benefits.