Companion to Your Study of the Doctrine and Covenants, vol. 2 (Bookshelf eBook)(edit)
eBooks: Looking for more eBooks?
Click here to shop our huge selection of eBooks.
In A Companion to Your Study of the Doctrine and Covenants, Daniel H. Ludlow brings together his years of experience as a professor of religion at Brigham Young University, the teachings of General Authorities, and other valuable resources to provide a comprehensive, understandable study guide.
This book provides detailed commentary on each section of the Doctrine and Covenants. Organized section by section, verse by verse, it can be read right alongside your scriptures or serve as an easy reference to find answers to questions you may have. In addition to commentary on each section, within these pages you will find:
- Historical background for each section of the Doctrine and Covenants
- An abundance of quotations from General Authorities of the Church
- Definitions and explanations of key words and terms
- Cross-references to other scriptures and historical and modern sources
- Biographical information about persons mentioned in the Doctrine and Covenants
- Information on the purpose of the Doctrine and Covenants
Thoroughly researched, well organized, and easy to use and understand, this excellent resource is an invaluable companion to your study of the Doctrine and Covenants.
About the Author
Daniel H. Ludlow joined the faculty of Brigham Young University in 1995 and served as dean of the College of Religious Education. He was editor-in-chief of the Encyclopedia of Mormonism, published by Macmillan in 1992, and has written several books.
Join Platinum Rewards Club
Earn points on every purchase, plus get other great benefits.