Glad Christmas Tidings (CD)
Each year, the Christmas concert presented by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square is seen by more than 85,000 people live and by millions more via television broadcast. It is a full-scale production featuring world-class musicians, soloists, dancers, narrators,and music that leaves viewers in awe year after year.
This year, the Choir was joined by pop music sensation and platinum recording artist David Archuleta. David's clear and powerful vocals paired with the Choir's classic Christmas sound makes this album a must-have for any Christmas collection.
|\r||Also available Live in Concert: Glad Christmas Tidings DVD & Blu-ray\r|
- Track List:\r
- Processional: "A Christmas Roundelay" (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) \r
- Joy to the World (Mormon Tabernacle Choir featuring David Archuleta) \r
- The Cat and the Mouse Carol (Mormon Tabernacle Choir featuring David Arcuhleta) \r
- "Gloria in excelsis" from Mass in C Minor, K. 421 [Mozart] (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) \r
- Gesu bambino (Mormon Tabernacle Choir featuring David Archuleta) \r
- "Ring Out, Ye Crystal Spheres" from Hodie [Vaughan Williams] (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) \r
- Los pastores a belen (David Archuleta) \r
- Silent Night (David Archuleta) \r
- Three Dancing Carols (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) \r
- A Holiday Hoedown for Organ [ÒDeck Them HallsÓ] (Organ solo: Richard Elliott) \r
- Away in a Manger (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) \r
- Angels, from the Realms of Glory (Mormon Tabernacle Choir featuring David Archuleta) \r
- BONUS TRACK: Sing, Choirs of Angels! (Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Narrator: Michael York) \r
About the Author
The 360 members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir represent men and women from many different backgrounds and professions and range in age from 25 to 60. They reflect a medley of unique lives and experiences and are brought together by their love for singing and their faith. Their incomparable voices are the common chord that unites to form the choral group known all over the world as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir originated in the mid-19th century in Salt Lake City. As the Latter-day Saints moved west, Church President Brigham Young included musicians among members of the advance parties. Consequently, a small choir first sang for a conference of the Church in the Salt Lake Valley on August 22, 1847, just 29 days after the first group arrived. The origins of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir may be found in the desire and commitment of early converts to include appropriate music in both sacred and secular events.
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has appeared at 13 world’s fairs and expositions, performed at the inaugurations of five U.S. presidents, and sung for numerous worldwide telecasts and special events. Five of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir’s recordings have achieved “gold record” and two have achieved “platinum record” status. The most popular was the Grammy-Award-winning 1959 release of “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” with the Philadelphia Orchestra.
- Processional: A Christmas Roundelay04:57$0.99BUY SONG
- Joy to the World03:28$0.99BUY SONG
- The Cat and the Mouse Carol06:35$0.99BUY SONG
- Gloria in excelsis from Mass in C Minor, K. 421 (Mozart)02:29$0.99BUY SONG
- Gesu bambino04:27$0.99BUY SONG
- Ring Out, Ye Crystal Spheres from Hodie (Vaughan Williams)04:36$0.99BUY SONG
- Los pastores a belen02:05$0.99BUY SONG
- Silent Night04:53$0.99BUY SONG
- Three Dancing Carols05:56$0.99BUY SONG
- A Holiday Hoedown for Organ (Deck Them Halls)02:26$0.99BUY SONG
- Away in a Manger03:41$0.99BUY SONG
- Angels, from the Realms of Glory05:11$0.99BUY SONG
- BONUS TRACK: Sing, Choirs of Angels!15:10$0.99BUY SONG
Wonderful Christmas Cd
by Joyce - reviewed on October 26, 2011
The magnificent Mormon Tabernacle Choir have done it again. A new Cd filled with beautiful Christmas music to enjoy not only at Christmas but all year. David Archuleta was wonderful with his clear amazing voice. A great addition to my holiday music collection.
by Customer - reviewed on November 04, 2011
The most AMAZING Christmas music!The Choir and David Archuleta performing together really is TOO wonderful for written word.It MUST be heard!Makes my soul soar !! A beyond perfect addition to everyone's music collection! ENJOY my friends :))
by Customer - reviewed on November 07, 2011
This is a must for the Holiday season. I love it!
by Marylee - reviewed on November 07, 2011
I was privileged to witness this incredible event in person & it's a a memory I will cherish forever. David Archuleta has a voice that is simply incomparable & I encourage everyone who hasn't enjoyed his music yet to treat yourself to this CD. His VOICE is like magic ~spellbinding!
by Rosemary - reviewed on November 08, 2011
This is a must have CD and DVD. David Archuleta is an amazing singer and is at his best on the CD and DVD. He said it was such a privilege for him to sing the the MTC, it is a privilege to hear him sing with them. It is outstandingly beautiful how they compliment each other.
A Christmas necessity
by Mary Lou - reviewed on November 07, 2011
I didn't think the production of this concert could be as great as seeing it live (I was privileged enough to win tickets), but it is. Excellent production, rich choir accompaniment to David Archuleta's stellar, and heartfelt, vocals. No need for long rehearsal time for this concert; everything came from the heart. And it came across live, and on this CD. Especially loved the production of Silent Night. Haunting! This CD is a must for the 2011 Christmas season, and every year!
by Connie - reviewed on November 07, 2011
This CD has been on repeat in my car! Love the Choir's Christmas music! David Archuleta's vocals are heartfelt and great with the Choir! My favorite tracks are Los pastores a belen, Silent Night, Joy to the World and Angels, from the Realms of Glory - Really the whole CD is a must listen for the Holidays!
Beautiful Christmas music!
by Customer - reviewed on November 07, 2011
What an amazing combination of the Motab Choir with David Archuleta's amazing crystal clear vocals!! Some of the most beautiful Christmas music I have ever heard!