✔ IN STOCK: Ships in 2 to 3 business days
Domestic and International Shipping Options
If you were swimming in the ocean and discovered you were being pulled farther and farther away from land by a rip current, would you know how to get back to shore? There is a method - one that could save your life. Likewise, the authors of How? ask teenagers, "If you were caught up with friends in some activities you knew were wrong and you felt yourself being pulled away from the safety of the gospel shore, caught up in a current of sin, would you know how to get beck?" Elder Russell M. Nelson said, "Once we ... understand the importance and meaning of a commandment, we need to learn how to do it." In this sequel to their bestselling book WHY?, John Hilton and Anthony Sweat answer more than 100 gospel questions, such as:
Table of Contents
1. How Can I Increase My Faith in Jesus Christ?
2. How Can I Break Bad Habits
3. How Can I Really Repent?
4. How Can I Know When Ive Been Forgiven?
5. How Can I Make the Temple a More Important Part of My Life?
6. How Can I Prepare for an Eternal Marriage?
7. How Can I Strengthen by Testimony?
8. How Can I Know When the Holy Ghost Is Speaking to Me?
9. How Can I Avoid Being Deceived When Receiving Revelation?
10. How Can I Recognize and Develop Spiritual Gifts?
11. How Can I Tell the Difference Between Right and Wrong?
12. How Can I Set Standards That Will Keep Me Spiritually Safe?
13. How Can I Stay Morally Clean?
14. How Can I Resist and Overcome Pornography?
15. How Can I Honor My Parents
16. How Can I Have a Fun and Clean Date?
17. How Can I Have More Meaningful Prayers?
18. How Can I Get More from My Scripture Study?
19. How Can I Find Answers in the Scriptures?
20. How Can I Keep the Sabbath Day Holy?
21. How Can I Get More from My Church Meetings?
22. How Can I Keep a Meaningful Journal?
23. How Can I Create a Living Area That Invites the Holy Ghost?
24. How Can I Stay Faithful When Life Is Hard?
25. How Can I Overcome Feelings of Fear and Doubt?
26. How Can I Handle Anti-Mormon Teachings in a Christlike Way?
27. How Can I Set Meaningful Personal Goals?
28. How Can I Resist Negative Peer Pressure?
29. How Can I Help Friends and Family Who Are Struggling with Serious Problems?
30. How Can I Bear a Powerful Testimony?
31. How Can I Prepare and Give a Powerful Youth Talk?
32. How Can I Share the Gospel with Others?
Photo and Image Credits
- Size: 8½x11
- Pages: 288
- Published: 2010
About the Authors
John Hilton III was born in San Francisco and grew up in Seattle. He served a mission in Denver, and got a Bachelor’s degree from Brigham Young University. Along the way he met his wife Lani and they have five children. They have lived in Boise, Boston, Mexico and Miami. Currently, they live in Utah. John has a Masters degree from Harvard and a Ph.D from BYU, both in Education, and currently is an Assistant Professor of Ancient Scripture at BYU. He has also written several books with Deseret Book. Besides being with his family, his favorite hobbies are learning Chinese and doing humanitarian work. For more information visit www.johnhiltoniii.com
Anthony Sweat has PhD in education from Utah State University. He is a full-time religious educator for the LDS Church, and also a speaker at Especially For Youth and Education Week conferences. He is currently the seminary principal at Brighton High Seminary in Salt Lake City, Utah. Anthony is the author of the best-selling Deseret Book publication Mormons: An Open Book and the co-author of the best-selling Why?: Powerful Answers and Practical Reasons for Living LDS Standards. He and his wife Cindy are the parents of six children. Visit www.anthonysweat.com for more information.
by Customer - reviewed on November 19, 2010
This book with the book Why? are great for teenagers, and not-too-young people too!!! Great for leaders and everybody that is in search of better live the Gospel and need a little "How to..", hehe! The quality of the pages, pictures, and cover are excellent. It is funny, enjoyable, and easy-to-read, with great references to the Scriptures, Church leaders, and prophets! I read Why?, got the understanding, and now I'm learning HOW to apply the principles and teachings in my life! It is an excellent gift for teenagers, parents, and leaders!! Just love it!! From Yazmin - San Juan, Puerto Rico
LOVE this book!
by Customer - reviewed on November 19, 2010
I absolutely LOVE this book & it's companion "Why?". I bought these books while I was at TOFW. They are written for teens in mind (I believe). But I'm a mom with 3 small kids at home (8, 5 & 5) & I thought they would be perfect in our home for all kinds of uses. I have only had them for about 6 weeks & so far have used them for FHE, to teach a 5th Sunday combined RS/Priesthood lesson, RS lesson, & my husband has used it to teach his Primary class. They are just chucked full of INTERESTING quotes, statistics, stories & tidbits of information. From S. Cousins
by Kelly - reviewed on May 10, 2012
Love the How book! Loved the Why book! My 10 and 13 year old go to these books all on their own! The way they are written and engage the reader is brilliant! Two thumbs way up! Nicely done!
by Customer - reviewed on November 30, 2010
Cleverly laid out!
by Ralph - reviewed on November 30, 2010
This book makes the Gospel easy to understand and explain.
Not Just Stereotypical Answers
by Michelle - reviewed on December 02, 2010
How? Gives many examples and steps for the situations that our youth are in today. They are real life example of what to do. Not just the stereotypical answers but the answers that kids face in the world today. I love the way that my 10 year old daughter is going to this book for answers to "How"
Join Platinum Rewards Club
Earn points on every purchase, plus get other great benefits.