Joseph and Hyrum: Leading As One (Hardcover )(edit)
by Mark E. Mendenhall (Editor), Hal B. Gregersen (Editor), Jeffrey S. O'Driscoll (Editor), Heidi S. Swinton (Editor), Breck England (Editor)
✔ IN STOCK: Ships in 2 to 3 business days
Domestic and International Shipping Options
Other Formats Available
What can we discover about leadership from Joseph and\r\rHyrum as they worked together organizing and operating\r\rthe Church? This book grew out of a conference of experts in\r\rleadership and Church history that explored the friendship\r\rof Joseph and Hyrum and the leadership traits of these\r\rremarkable and influential men.
- Explores the close friendship of Joseph and Hyrum\r\rand Hyrum_ã_s role in providing counsel, support, and\r\rleadership. \r\r
- Provides insights from historians and experts on leadership\r\rabout how Joseph and Hyrum worked, how they led, and\r\rhow they encouraged, supported, and sustained others. \r\r
- Identifies lessons from their lives and teachings that will\r\rtransform our personal perspective of leadership. \r\r
- Includes photographs. \r\r
- Pays tribute to Joseph and Hyrum — and challenges us to\r\rbe more edifying leaders in our homes, our Church service,\r\rand our professional lives.
- Size: 6" x 9"
- Pages: 288
- Published: 2010
About the Authors
Mark E. Mendenhall is a professor in the College of Business at the University of Tennessee, where he focuses on domestic and global development.
Hal B. Gregersen is a professor of leadership who works with organizations worldwide to develop innovative leaders.
Jeffrey S. O’Driscoll, who earned his M.D. at the University of Utah, serves as chairman of the Department of Emergency Medicine at LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City. He has delivered papers at the Sperry and Book of Mormon Symposiums at Brigham Young University and has served on the Melchizedek Priesthood and Relief Society Writing Committee. Brother O’Driscoll served as an ordinance worker in the Salt Lake Temple for nearly fifteen years and has held numerous Church callings. He and his wife, Sheila, are the parents of five children.
Heidi S. Swinton is an award-winning author and screenwriter whose works include the PBS documentaries American Prophet; Sacred Stone; Sweetwater Rescue; Trail of Hope; and America’s Choir. She has served on the Relief Society general board and as a member of Church writing committees. She is the author of President Thomas S. Monson’s biography, To the Rescue. She served with her husband, Jeffrey C. Swinton, as he presided over the England London South Mission (2006–2009); they are the parents of five sons, four living, and have four daughters-in-law and six grandchildren.
Breck England is a senior product architect and organizational consultant for Franklin Covey Co.
Join Platinum Rewards Club
Earn points on every purchase, plus get other great benefits.