- A nativity of life-like children simply being children!
- Hidden hearts. With the Mama Says. . . ® line, the children’s hearts are always placed in a location relevant to the attitudes of their own hearts. Regardless of these attitudes, Mama’s heart is with her children and it’s there for the good! Even the animals have hearts — they have mamas too!
- Scripture references listing all verses, Old and New Testament, relating to their role in the nativity.
- A sentiment sharing the attributes and contributions of that particular figure.
- A mama’s prayer. Mama’s thankful for the lessons her child learns from participating in the Christmas story. Example: “Mama prays. . . her daughter, like Mary, will nurture a servant’s heart.”
- Keepsake card including: The story behind the creating of the Mama Says. . . ® nativity collection, sentiment, Mama’s prayer, and scripture references.
Creating the Mama Say. . . ® nativity may just be the most fun I ever had in creating a new product line. From rounding up kids, costumes, and hay bails, to crawling under a camel and donkey to photograph their tummies, this was an adventure!
The idea for this collection was inspired from our two daughters posing for a living nativity when they were young. In the past few years, our church’s membership built and participated in a drive-through living village scene of Bethlehem. I was there with my camera and my ideas.
Each Mama Says. . . ® figure is based on a real child in my paintings. Most of the models for the Nativity are my neighbor’s grandchildren, so they are all siblings or first cousins. Posing for Mary was a beautiful little brunette that I grabbed up as she ran by at Wednesday night dinner. — Kathy Fincher