Not currently available
Domestic and International Shipping Options
In her most provocative book yet, Dr. Laura urgently reminds women that to take proper care of their husbands is to ensure themselves the happiness and satisfaction they yearn for in marriage.
Women want to be in love, get married, and live happily ever after. Yet disrespect for men and disregard for the value, feelings, and needs of husbands has fast become the standard for male-female relations in America. Those two attitudes clash in unfortunate ways to create struggle and strife in what could be a beautiful relationship.
Countless women call Dr. Laura, unhappy in their marriages and seemingly at a loss to understand the power they have over their men to create the kind of home life they yearn for. Now, in The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura shows you how to wield that power to attain all the intimacy, love, joy, and peace you want in your life. With real-life examples — and real-life solutions — Dr. Laura's simple principles have changed the lives of millions. Now they can change yours.
- Published: December 2003
- Pages: 208
- Audio Length: 3 Hours
About the Author
- BS, Biological Sciences, SUNY Stonybrook, Long Island, NY
- MS, M Phil, Ph.D. (Physiology), Columbia University (College of Physicians and Surgeons), NY
- Post-Doctoral Certification in Marriage, Family and Child Counseling, Human Relations Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- Licensed Marriage, Family and Child Counselor (MFCC), California, formerly in private practice for 12 years
- Past member of the Biological Sciences faculty of the University of Southern California (five years) and the graduate Psychology faculty of Pepperdine University (eight years)
- UCLA and UC Irvine Extension course instructor
- Fastest growing talk radio program in the history of the radio medium
- Over 400 stations and 15 million listeners
- Consistently one of the top two national radio programs
- “The Dr. Laura Schlessinger Program,” live noon – 3 p.m. PT, M-F, originating from studios at Premiere Radio Networks in California
- Syndicated since June 1994
- On-air radio career for more than 25 years
Author, NY Times best-sellers:
- Parenthood by Proxy; Don’t Have Them if You Won’t Raise Them (2000)
- The Ten Commandments; The Significance of God’s Laws in Everyday Life (1998)
- How Could You Do That?! The Abdication of Character, Courage and Conscience (1996)
- Ten Stupid Things Men Do To Mess Up Their Lives (1997)
- Ten Stupid Things Women Do To Mess Up Their Lives (1994)
- But I Waaannt It! (2000)
- Why Do You Love Me? (1999)
- Growing Up Is Hard (2001)
Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Laura Perspective, monthly magazine
- Born in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Black belt, martial arts
- Active member SAG, AFTRA
- Avid student of Jewish history, religion and philosophy
- Married to Dr. Lewis G. Bishop, her manager and business partner
- She is 16-year-old Deryk’s mom
by Wendy - reviewed on October 16, 2008
I got two copies of this for my wedding and loved it! My husband looks forward to reading it as well so we can be on the same page!
I think this is an important book for women to read.
by Amanda - reviewed on October 05, 2007
I think that this is an important book. Sometimes Dr. Laura can be a bit brash but she most often hits the nail on the head. I appreciate sincerely her true respect of men and of the institution of marriage.