In his new book, The Scouting Report, Dale Murphy offers everything he wishes he'd known before becoming a professional player. Highly informative, it is advice long-needed in youth sports, spilling over to the game of life. His advice covers:
- 10 keys to ensure kids' sports result in positive experiences, regardless of skill level
- The five rules of a parents' responsibility
- Straight talk about steroids
- The 3 primary responsibilities of coaching
- Positive vs. negative coaching
- Message to a coach of a losing team
- A checklist to consider for collegiate recruiting
- Choosing between college and professional sports.
About the Author
Known as one of the true gentlemen of the game, Dales continues to lead by example, supporting numerous worthwhile charities. In 1987, he was named Sports Illustrated as one of the ‘Sportsmen and Sportswomen of the Year’, representing baseball as an athlete ‘Who Cares the Most’ and honored as such President Ronald Reagan at the White House. Dales is a sought after motivational speaker and now divides his time between charity work, church work, and family. He and his wife, Nancy are the parents of seven sons and one daughter.
Join Platinum Rewards Club
Earn points on every purchase, plus get other great benefits.