Teach Me to Walk in the Light & Other Favorite Children's Songs (CD)
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square bring your favorite Primary songs to life in this unprecedented collection of all-new arrangements and recordings. Complete with sacred childhood hymns like “Teach Me to Walk in the Light," "Give, Said the Little Stream," "If the Savior Stood Beside Me,” and “When He Comes Again,” these new renditions provide the perfect dose of nostalgia and fondness for listeners of any age.
- I Think the World Is Glorious
- "Give," Said the Little Stream
- If the Savior Stood Beside Me
- I Think When I Read That Sweet Story
- Teach Me to Walk in the Light
- I Will Follow God's Plan
- Mother, Tell Me the Story
- Called to Serve
- Love One Another
- Tell Me the Stories of Jesus
- I Know That My Savior Loves Me
- Holding Hands Around the World
- When He Comes Again
- I Am a Child of God
About the Author
The 360 members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir represent men and women from many different backgrounds and professions and range in age from 25 to 60. They reflect a medley of unique lives and experiences and are brought together by their love for singing and their faith. Their incomparable voices are the common chord that unites to form the choral group known all over the world as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir originated in the mid-19th century in Salt Lake City. As the Latter-day Saints moved west, Church President Brigham Young included musicians among members of the advance parties. Consequently, a small choir first sang for a conference of the Church in the Salt Lake Valley on August 22, 1847, just 29 days after the first group arrived. The origins of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir may be found in the desire and commitment of early converts to include appropriate music in both sacred and secular events.
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has appeared at 13 world’s fairs and expositions, performed at the inaugurations of five U.S. presidents, and sung for numerous worldwide telecasts and special events. Five of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir’s recordings have achieved “gold record” and two have achieved “platinum record” status. The most popular was the Grammy-Award-winning 1959 release of “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” with the Philadelphia Orchestra.
- I Think the World Is Glorious 02:50$17.98BUY SONG
- "Give." Said the Little Stream 03:17$0.99BUY SONG
- If the Savior Stood Beside Me 03:24$0.99BUY SONG
- I Think When I Read That Sweet Story 03:03$0.99BUY SONG
- Teach Me to Walk in the Light 03:58$0.99BUY SONG
- I Will Follow God's Plan 02:53$0.99BUY SONG
- Mother, Tell Me the Story 04:03$0.99BUY SONG
- Called to Serve 03:20$0.99BUY SONG
- Love One Another03:36$0.99BUY SONG
- Tell Me the Stories of Jesus 04:43$0.99BUY SONG
- I Know That My Savior Lives 05:02$0.99BUY SONG
- Faith 04:28$0.99BUY SONG
- Holding Hands Around the World 02:41$0.99BUY SONG
- When He Comes Again 04:52$0.99BUY SONG
- I Am a Child of God 06:11$0.99BUY SONG
I like it!
by Stephanie - reviewed on February 23, 2013
My kids recognized much of this music right away...I think this will be great music to play softly at quiet time or nap time, not to mention it is just great music in the background especially to help the kids keep a tone of reverence on Sunday. I hope the MTC comes out with a 2nd volume!
Touching and Beautiful
by Eric - reviewed on January 02, 2013
I'm absolutely loving this recording. I've always hoped the Mormon Tabernacle Choir would make a recording of Primary songs and this one does not disappoint. I have always loved "I Think When I Read That Sweet Story" and "Tell Me the Stories of Jesus." These are two of several tracks that brought tears to my eyes. Some of the newer songs were ones that I wasn't familiar with, but I really liked them as well. I wish I could have heard the words better on "Mother Tell Me a Story." It may be a problem with my hearing. I loved hearing the organ on "When He Comes Again." I've really missed that sound. All in all, I really love this CD and it's going to get a lot of play.
FULL OF LIGHT!
by Customer - reviewed on January 09, 2013
I absolutely love this album. With the things I face everyday in this world, this beautiful music from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir takes me back to the LIGHT I felt as a child. Blast from the past. Thanks for providing another wonderful piece of heaven!