The Waiting Place (CD)
by Calee Reed
"…It takes a lot for me to be really moved by a new artist. I prefer singer-songwriters who have a unique voice or style and who has something important to say. Occasionally, an artist comes along that I fall in love with and I can’t help but spread the word. Enter Calee Reed." —Julie De Azevedo
The Waiting Place features songs that are surprisingly upbeat, considering Calee wrote them during one of her most difficult challenges of life: coping with her mother’s recent diagnosis of cancer.
Full of praise and rejoicing, this album showcases track after track of toe-tapping original music fit for worship on any day of the week.
- Give My Heart Your Peace
- Better Than a Hallelujah
- Called to Serve
- Time for Love
- Trust in God
- The Waiting Place
- Where Can I Turn for Peace?/Be Still, My Soul
- She Put the Music in Me
- Come, Thou Fount/I Am a Child of God
About the Author
- Give My Heart Your Peace03:32$0.99BUY SONG
- Better Than A Hallelujah03:31$0.99BUY SONG
- Called To Serve03:35$0.99BUY SONG
- Closer To You03:29$0.99BUY SONG
- Time For Love03:37$0.99BUY SONG
- Trust In God03:00$0.99BUY SONG
- The Waiting Place04:23$0.99BUY SONG
- Where Can I Turn For Peace - Be Still, My Soul03:32$0.99BUY SONG
- She Put The Music In Me03:38$0.99BUY SONG
- Come, Thou Fount - I Am A Child of God03:32$0.99BUY SONG
by Jill - reviewed on July 25, 2012
I love this cd! It has a great mix of typical, slower Sunday music and upbeat songs as well. I especially love the song "She put the music in me" dedicated to her mother who passed. I recommend this to everyone.
A Fresh Modern Sound with Traditional Faith Foundation Messages. Nice!.
by Nancy - reviewed on July 13, 2012
I found this album quite refreshing. Calee's voice, song writing, and the way the album was produced has that fresh, modern, sound getting slightly outside the box of the traditional sound of your mother's LDS inspirational album that some of us are craving, while staying true to a solid faith based message. Nice job Calee and Shadow Mountain Records!
So uplifting and refreshing
by Customer - reviewed on May 07, 2013
I find myself singing Calee's words in the car, in the shower, in the kitchen, I love it! Her lyrics are fresh and feel so deep, she is great and I truly love every song on this CD (and even catch my husband listening to it)