A Companion to Your Study of the Book of Mormon
"The most helpful guide to studying the Book of Mormon that is now available."
That is how several distinguished professors of religion at Brigham Young University and teachers at seminaries and institutes have described A Companion to Your Study of the Book of Mormon. The purpose of this important volume is to provide pertinent information on the coming forth of this standard work as well as supplementary information on some of its important and more difficult passages. The commentary on these passages comes from the teachings of General Authorities, from the writings of Book of Mormon scholars, and from the observations and experiences of the author, a professor of religion at BYU and director of Correlation Review for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Teachers, students, and all who wish to gain greater insight into the understanding of the Book of Mormon will find within these pages:
(1) Background information on the coming forth of the Book of Mormon;
(2) A discussion of the major sets of plates associated with it;
(3) A historical background leading to the period of the Book of Mormon;
(4) A brief review of its secular history;
(5) Commentary and information on difficult and challenging verses of this inspired volume of scripture; and
(6) Testimonies of those who have tested and verified the validity of the Book of Mormon.
No reviews have been written for this product.Write a Review