History is full of women who have stood up and made a difference to others and to society, who have demonstrated great strength, and who, by their example, teach us how to tap into the courage that lives within each of us.
Extraordinary Courage: Women Empowered by the Gospel of Jesus Christ shares the life stories of eleven women from history whose unparalleled courage is worthy of study and emulation:
- Vienna Jacques: Courage to Exercise Faith
- Mary, the Mother of Jesus Christ: Courage to Obey God
- Josephine Butler: Courage to Believe in Yourself
- Ellis Shipp: Courage to Seek Knowledge
- Mary Fielding Smith: Courage to Choose Wisely
- Lucy Mack Smith: Courage to Be Charitable
- Esther: Courage to Act with Integrity
- Susanna: Courage to Be Virtuous
- Priscilla and Abish: Courage to Bear Testimony
- Mary Murray Murdoch: Courage to Convert to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Filled with spiritual and inspiring stories, this book highlights gospel truths that can help us overcome the challenges we face in our everyday lives.
By Thomas, Submitted on 2015-02-25
I have really enjoyed reading this great book. The examples of these women make me want to be a better person. I would recommend this book not only for women but also for men. This is a great read that goes by fast as you learn of the extraordinary courage these amazing women portrayed!
By Reid, Submitted on 2015-02-25
The two Women that I found to be the most interesting were Susanna and Josephine Butler. Susana because I have never heard of her - but what a women of courage. Josephine Butler because she was not a memeber of the church, but what a testimony of Jesus Christ and what good she did during her life. I really enjoyed reading Extraordinary Courage.