The Great and Terrible Six-Volume Set Bundle
This thrilling series by national bestselling author Chris Stewart takes us from the beginning of time to the final hours of the last days. Filled with rumors of wars and political intrigues, deadly epidemics and economic disasters, uplifting twists and inspiring miracles, the volumes in The Great and Terrible series reveal the greatest secret of all: The children of God can defeat the adversary, for we have fought him before.
This set includes all six volumes in the series:
- The Brothers: In the time before Creation, before so many of the children of God turned away from their Father and walked knowingly into the dark, there was a choosing, a sifting, a contest of ideas and a battle for souls. In that great premortal war, each of us learned the first lessons of life: The great ones may fall. The wicked can change. The weak and the foolish can become the strongest of all. And the battle between good and evil is the same regardless of the time or place.
- Where Angels Fall: The war that began before we entered mortality is escalating into the final battle for freedom, liberty, and the hearts and souls of all men. Into this world filled with turmoil, our Father will send some of his most valiant servants. A child is born who may have the power to change the course of history. But will Elizabeth remember the covenants she made in the premortal world? Will she and her brothers have the strength to withstand the terrible forces of evil that reign in the Last Days? Against the backdrop of Middle Eastern conflict, the story of war and intrigue will have you riveted!
- The Second Sun: The old king struggled, lifting his had again. The prince smiled at the motion and placed his mouth to the old man's ear, feeling the heat of his skin on his lips. As he spoke his voice changed, as if another man were there. "It has started, my father," he whispered in a soft, evil hiss. "There is no turning back. You might as well lift your hand to stop the sunrise as to bring an end to this plan. Like your own death, it is inevitable. A new day is dawning, a day of secret alliances and powerful men, an age of dark miracles, dreadful rumors and a red sinking moon, a day of a bright flash on the horizon that does not come from the sun. It will be an age of power and oppression far greater than has ever fallen on the earth. Even as I whisper to you, Father, even as my breath touches your ears, the great battle has started. The sun is setting on the frail world you have known. It is passing, and with its passing, the greater kingdom shall come." A world poised at the brink of a disastrous war is unaware of the evil forces that will stop at nothing to achieve their aims. But in the midst of turmoil and impending doom, some of the Father's most valiant servants are in place --sons and daughters who may have the power to change the course of history.
- Fury & Light: The world waits in suspense as America struggles to survive following the attack on Washington, D.C., but who remains to run the government? Who will make the world-changing decisions that must be made? As King Abdullah prepares for the final attack that will bring America to its knees, the characters are trapped in a desperate fight for their lives. Sara Brighton and her sons, Luke and Ammon, head west in a doomed attempt to reach Salt Lake City. Sam returns to the States in anticipation of a U. S. retaliatory strike, but finds his home abandoned, with no trace of his family there. In Chicago, Azadeh Pahlavi meets her adopted mother and little sister, who are enmeshed in their own crisis with life-or-death consequences. The end is near now.
- From the End of Heaven: The battle of good against evil intensifies in the darkness of an EMP-devastated America. For Sara Brighton, the time is fast approaching when she must face the frightening realities her husband, Neil, warned her about before his death. Sam's problem is more immediate: How can he get his family to a safe place? Bono is still trying to get to his family, and Azadeh is struggling to find her role in the family that has reached out to welcome her in. Meanwhile, the followers of Satan plot to take over the government of the United States and remake it to fulfill their own greed and lust for power.
- Clear As the Moon: The nuclear explosion over Washington D.C. and the subsequent EMP attack have left a decapitated government and 300 million helpless citizens. In the ensuing chaos, a dark and powerful cartel steps forward to claim power. The Constitution of the United States hangs in the balance as the eternal struggle between good and evil spreads through the government. After Sara Brighton agrees to help a shadow government rise to power, Sara and Bono are sent on the most dangerous military mission of their lives. Azadeh agrees to guide them through the mountains of Iran as they seek for the key that could save the world. Struggling against overwhelming odds, they realize the most important lesson of their time: Faith is the only thing that matters as the final day draws near.
|Published||Deseret Book Co. (August 4, 2010)|
By Price, Submitted on 2015-02-25
I will admit that the first book (the brothers) was hard to get through, but it was because I didn’t know what to expect and I didn’t understand. Now I see the wisdom of the book and truly is what makes this more than a fun story to read! All of the other books are very different than book one, but build on the foundation of book one, just like our lives. I became so hooked that I was always looking for time to read more and purchased a full set for my teenage kids and wife, so they could read them also. I would recommend this series to everyone. And unlike me, enjoy the short prequel (the Brothers), if you do, they rest will be truly fun and thought provoking.
By Eric, Submitted on 2015-02-25
Yes... I am comparing eating and reading these books. Gruuuubbbed on them. Chris allows your mind to think of the possibilities in the pre-existence and I believe a lot of what he is saying is real. Yes I know it's fiction, but I know he was inspired. These books helped me grow closer to God in so many ways. They really make you think how real the invisible war is; how real the devil is; and how real and important our choices are on earth as it relates to the Plan of Salvation.
By Carol, Submitted on 2015-02-25
This is the best series I have ever read. It has literally changed my life. I thank you for writing it! Every American should read this book! Thank you Chris Stewart for being the person to write this series!
By Wendy, Submitted on 2015-02-25
These books are literally life changing. While I was reading book one I kept having the strongest feeling that a lot of what was written was ringing true to my spirit. It really opened up my eyes when I am being tempted that is probably one of the followers of Satan that actually knew me well in the pre-existence. I have talked about this with my children and hope it helps them to resist even more and not listen to those whisperings from Satan's evil hosts. Simply amazing books. They made me want to be a better person.
By Judith, Submitted on 2015-02-25
Riveting, thought provoking, inspiring! This COULD be our past, this COULD be our future. Though it is fiction, there is so much we can learn that can benefit our reality. I could not put it down, and highly recommend it to anyone who likes fast paced intrigue combined with faith promoting, insightful reading.
By Gail, Submitted on 2015-02-25
I've been so uplifted by the words Mr. Stewart brought to us in this set of books. He and the Spirit have motivated me as a sister to prepare for the worst but yet remember to listen to the voices and be a better server of Christ and his Church. I so totally enjoyed every part of these books, I was there throughout the enitire series. I hope there will be more to come. Chris Stewart you truly are a man of God. Thank you for putting many things in perspective and allowing God to use you as a tool. I feel as if I know you, a kindred spirit. God Bless you and your family.
By Nicholas, Submitted on 2015-02-25
Author lacks any real understanding of the middle east, in particularly Iran.
By Kathy, Submitted on 2015-02-25
Just finished reading all 6 books. Good story. Good depiction of how evil works on us in mortality. The battle between good and evil is what we can't see, which has made me more aware. The last book felt rushed through a little bit. I wouldn't mind seeing a 7th book about what is happening 5 years later. Another great Chris Stewart book!
By Rebecca, Submitted on 2015-02-25
You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll feel the love of the Creator, you'll gain insight into Heavenly Father's plan, and see what your part is in that plan. These books should be read by mothers and fathers and by church leaders, they should be read within the loosly organized book clubs, and even within structured book clubs. If I was still a teacher, I'd make it required reading. You need others to discuss it as you progress in the book. I fell in love with the families in the book, with the wonderful soldiers who gave their all to protect our constitution. Be prepared to sit with white knuckles, and to need to wake up and read in the middle of the night. Share it with your family, and then discuss it within the context of today's geopolitical realities...Chris Stewart had angels helping him write this book, and the editors and publishers knew they were taking a chance publishing it by Deseret, but after you read it you will know why. Now that I have completed this set I need some sequels, Chris! Thank you! sincerely, Beki Knott
By jennifer, Submitted on 2015-02-25
If you like suspense this book is for you. If you wonder what it could have been like in our pre-mortal lives and how our fight against Satan and his armies effect us now! These stories made you think and wonder if that really is happening on the other side. These books are nail biters. I was sad to see it end. I think there could be another book if Chris Stewart put him mind to it. I would love to see it made into a mini series or movie!
By Julene, Submitted on 2015-02-25
I loved this series, I loaned it out to my two step sons and the one step sons girlfriend is reading them now. It really is a reminder of what do I need to do to be prepared. It also is a reminder that when we get those negative thoughts, to realize the source behind them. I really learned a lot from reading these books based on the authors knowledge from his experience. Also as I see world events and the corruption that is in our nation and others, I think about some of the people in these books.
By Jennifer, Submitted on 2015-02-25
I love to read, but usually I don't like to read something more than once. This series made such a powerful impact on me I want to read it again and again. I have told so many people about it. I think everyone would look at these last days with a new perspective. I know I did. It really made me think of what I need to do to be prepared and also how thankful I am to have the gospel. It's my favorite and I hope the author writes another series. I would love to know if Chris Stewart will ever be at a book signing in Salt Lake. I will be there if he comes.
By Roxanne, Submitted on 2015-02-25
I absolutely loved each and every book! I read the series when each book was released as a single. The world and personal circumstance of the characters depicted created connection. I could picture us, today, in the same situation. I laughed. I cried. I found it difficult to put them down. A story of destruction and fear, good vs. evil, faith and hope, and of rebuilding. I will read them again!
By jennifer, Submitted on 2015-02-25
This series of books are the best set of books ever! It took me 3 hours to read each book. It was scary, made you think about your own mortality and just a big what if this really happened?
Please make another series like this one Mr. Stewart. I love your works.
By Emily, Submitted on 2015-02-25
I loved each and every book this Set. I enjoyed reading these books and felt each one has impacted the way I live my life. I am more aware of Satan and the way he tries to tempt or discourage me. I also have gained a stronger testimony of my purpose in this world. Never underestimate yourself, your testimony, or the work you do in the Kingdom of God.
By Diana, Submitted on 2015-02-25
A enjoyable read but definitely not completed. Missions, marriages, fortunes and the millennium yet to arrive. Chris Stewart please complete this thought provoking series.
By Rebecca, Submitted on 2015-02-25
His idea of the pre-existence is a bit strange. An ugly dead bird lying in the street? C'mon! Sam, Ammon, Luke, and Elizabeth are brothers and sister from a good family. Aren't we all? Don't we all have the same father? There are inconsistencies all through the books. When you first meet Bono, he can speak 3 or 4 languages, including Arabic, fluently and Sam just can't get it. The next book Bono just can't pick up the Arabic and Sam understands it. There are so many mistakes, I think they forgot to hire a proofreader. But still, I enjoyed the books and hated to get to the end. I understood it would take us all the way through, from the pre-existence to the Millenium. Is there perhaps another book coming?