Love Life and See Good Days
"Have a good day" is practically a mantra in our society. But no one reminds us to see good days. What would change if we took as our motto the scriptural phrase "Love life, and see good days" (1 Peter 3:10)?
"I believe it would be life changing," writes Emily Freeman. "I believe it would lead to more happiness. But how is it done?"
In this "handbook of happy thoughts," Emily invites us to explore some of the scriptures she found on her quest for the answers to that question. Each of these verses becomes a simple suggestion to help us see good days, whether that means shifting our perspective a bit, letting go of a few things, rising above some of our old frustrations, or reaching deep inside for enough faith to trust in the Savior's promises to us.
Sometimes it feels as if the whole world has crashed down around us. At other times, we may be doing all right but just feel the desire for something more. Whatever our situation, these reflections will help each of us discover how to more fully Love Life, and See Good Days.
- Chapter 1: It's All in Your Perspective
- Chapter 2: You Have Compassed This Mountain Long Enough
- Chapter 3: The Breaking of the Day Has Found Me on My Knees
- Chapter 4: Live After the Manner of Happiness
- Chapter 5: I Knew ... Yet I Would Not Know
- Chapter 6: The Answer You Need
- Chapter 7: My Heart Had Great Experience
- Chapter 8: List What You Love
- Chapter 9: Sowing in Tears—Reaping in Joy
- Chapter 10: Specially This Day
- Chapter 11: In Every Particular
- Chapter 12:The Oil of Gladness Conclusion: The Happy Book
Introduction: Love Life, and See Good Days
By Toni, Submitted on 2015-02-25
I liked this book because it was positive and helped me see that I have power over the fact that I can make a good day out of an ordinary one. I have many challenges physically but I can see good days. This book helped me see I can have more good days. Thank you.