“This book would make a great Christmas gift, too! Whether you are giving gifts to the most seasoned food storage person, or to someone just starting out, I can almost guarantee that they will learn something from this book.” &mdash Customer, Utah
Say good-bye to the days of storing large containers of wheat and cases of freeze-dried food that your family will never eat and to the rows and rows of unopened mystery cans on dusty basement shelves.
Say hello to a new way of looking at food storage. One that focuses on the food as much as the storage.
Mother-daughter team Kathy Bray and Jan Barker have developed a fun, easy, and practical food storage program that makes it simple to develop and maintain a three-month supply of food items that can be used to make the meals your family already enjoys.
By building a system based on the food your family already eats and the grocery shopping you already do, your personalized food-storage program can eliminate waste and unnecessary expense, requires no additional storage space, and guarantees that everyone in the family will be happy with the results.
Not Your Mother's Food Storage includes:
- More than 80 recipes that are easy to make, easy to store, and easy to enjoy
- Directions for substituting non-perishables for fresh food items
- Worksheets to help you calculate and manage your food storage from menu planning to shopping trips to storage
- Creative ideas for how and where to store food
If you've wanted to start a food storage system for your family but didn't know where to start, grab your family's favorite recipes and let Kathy and Jan show you how easy it is to attain the peace of mind of being prepared.
Table of Contents
1. Why This Plan?
2. Planning Your Breakfast Meals
3. Planning Your Lunch Meals
4. Planning Your Dinner Meals
5. Planning for Desserts and Treats
6. Storing Staples and Condiments
7. Storing Nonfood Items
8. Adapting Your Favorite Recipes
9. How to Store It Now That You Have It
10. Where to Store It Now That You Have It
No reviews have been written for this product.Write a Review