How does the Gospel of Judas mesh with LDS beliefs?
In recent months, the news media have focused intensively on the discovery of the so-called “lost Gospel” — the Gospel of Judas. It has been the cover story of Time and Newsweek magazines, and most recently, National Geographic released a documentary about it.
The furor raised in scholarly and religious circles has caused many Latter-day Saints to wonder:
- What is the Gospel of Judas and how was it discovered?
- Does it contain any new information about the Savior?
- Is there any reason to believe that Jesus asked Judas to betray him?
- Was Judas given secret knowledge by Jesus, knowledge that established Judas as superior to the eleven other Apostles?
- Is the Gospel of Judas an authentic document or perhaps a forgery?
In this CD, five outstanding LDS New Testament scholars use a round-table discussion format to address these intriguing questions and many others. It is a discussion that you will find fascinating and enlightening.