Why God Lets Us Choose: How Agency Explains the Way Life Works
Why does God let us choose? Why don't we always see the consequences of our actions? Why is God willing to allow our decisions, knowing we will make wrong choices? It's about agency.
Elder Stephen D. Nadauld answers these — and other questions —about this most integral of God's gifts:
- Is agency really free?
- How can agency help me get the most out of life?
- Can agency affect how well we learn?
- How does agency influence society as a whole?
- Does agency help me understand today's political issues —and can it help me see the consequences of my choice?
- What effect does agency have on the economy?
- Do my choices really affect my descendants?
- Can understanding agency help me understand the workings of the Spirit?
- Can agency draw me closer to God?
Understanding the answers to these questions and exercising our agency wisely brings us closer to God. Ultimately, the choice placed before us is to choose Him.
By Kimball R., Submitted on 2015-02-25
Agency is at the heart of everything we do on earth, much more so than we realize most of the time. Stephen D Nadauld has taken the concept of agency and explains its significance in the plan of The Father in bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. He explains why agency was necessary and why Satan was not capable of producing his promised results in proposing an alternate plan. There are many types of agency, moral agency, political agency, economic agency, religious agency and more. This is a great book for serious gospel study.
By Mike, Submitted on 2015-02-25
Agency is a great blessing. Agency explains the way life works,if we are spiritually strong we will choose the right.